Contractors’ All Risks (C.A.R.)
Protect construction works from ground zero until completely built.
Provides comprehensive coverage against loss and/or damage to the contract works, construction plant & equipment, as well as the third party liability against property damage and bodily injury of the third party caused by the execution of the works.
CAR insurance may be concluded by:
1. The Principal.
2. The contractors engaged in a project, including all subcontractors.
SUBJECT MATTERS INSURED
1. Contract Works: all kinds of civil engineering works such as construction of buildings, road,
railway, substructures of bridge, tunnel, dam, floodgate, quay, dock, airport or underground plaza.
2. Construction Plant and Equipment.
3. Construction Machinery.
4. Expenses incurred for the clearance of debris following a loss.
5. Legal liability arising out of property damage or bodily injury suffered by third parties and occurring in connection with the erection work on or near the erection site
All risks of unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage, other than those specifically excluded.
- War, invasion, act or foreign enemy, hostilities, (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, riot, strike, lock-out, civil commotion, military or usurped power, a group of malicious persons of persons acting on behalf of or in connection with any political organization, conspiracy, confiscation, commandeering, requisition or destruction or damage by order of any government de jure or de facto or by any public authority.
- Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- Willful act or willful negligence of the Insured or of his representatives.
- Cessation of work whether total or partial.
- The deductible stated in the Schedule to be borne by the Insured in any one occurrence.
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever including penalties, losses, due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract.
- Loss or damage due to faulty design.
- The cost of replacement, repair or rectification of defective material and/or workmanship, but this exclusion shall be limited to the items immediately affected and shall not be deemed to exclude loss of or damage to correctly executed items resulting from an accident due to such defective material and/or workmanship.
- Wear and tear, corrosion, oxidation, and deterioration due to lack of use and normal atmospheric conditions.
- Loss of or damage to construction plant, equipment and construction machinery due to electrical or mechanical breakdown, failure, breakage or derangement, freezing of coolant or other fluid, defective lubrication or lack of oil or coolant, but if as a consequence of such breakdown or derangement an accident occurs causing external damage, such consequential damage shall be identifiable.
- Loss of or damage to vehicles licensed for general road use or water borne vessels or aircraft.
- Loss of or damage to files, drawing, accounts, bills, currency, stamps, deeds, evidences of debt, notes, securities, cheques.
- Loss or damage discovered only at the time of taking an inventory.
- Other exclusions as defined in the insurance policy.